Dear Friends and Neighbors,
It has been an honor to serve as your Councilmember and Mayor the past four years. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to make a positive impact for the community and I am extremely grateful for all of the support so many of you have shown me over the years.
I was elected to the City Council in March of 2013 and served as Mayor from March 2015 to Mach 2016. I am a business attorney with my own practice and graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and from the UCLA School of Law with a Juris Doctor degree.
As a member of the City Council, I have worked hard to fix our streets, attract mainstream businesses and bring our community together.
I am running for re-election because I want to ensure that we continue to succeed, make good decisions and get things done during this critical period in our City's history. We have made a lot of progress and still have a long way to go. In the last four years, we have:
- Implemented the City’s first-ever Strategic Plan;
- Repaved numerous streets including portions of Las Tunas Dr and Del Mar Ave and several residential streets;
- Added several community events including our Summer Nights Series, Fall Fun Festival, Lunar New Year Festival, Dumplings & Beer Fest and Surf’s Up;
- Fostered economic development projects that will bring more mainstream businesses and create local jobs;
- Completed the new Public Works Facility and Mission Playhouse marquee sign;
- Commenced construction on the new Marshall Community Park; and
- Implemented the single largest investment in technology in the City’s history.
In the years ahead, I will continue to focus on improving our infrastructure, attracting mainstream businesses and bringing our community together. I will also continue to serve with character and integrity and ensure that our local government is open, responsive and accountable. I also want to beautify our streetscapes and entrances to the city so our community's physical appearance reflects the pride and love we feel for it, help figure out a way to pay for a new Police Station and maintain our high standards of public safety. There's so much more we can accomplish together!
Thank you again for your support! Please vote for me on March 7 so we can continue this journey together and make San Gabriel the best city it can possibly be!
Paid for by Jason Pu for City Council 2017 (FPPC ID #1349846)